What to Expect
- Located under the drive-thru at Alves Welcome Center (Main Building)
- Each Getaway Guest will check-in with Beckwith staff upon arrival
- Beckwith staff will check temperature of individuals entering Beckwith property
- ***Alabama Public Health recommends persons with temperatures above 100.4 degrees should not be permitted on premises
- Getaway Guests will be directed to their overnight accommodations to get settled
- Getaway Guests will receive a room key, t-shirt(s), and a welcome packet with everything you will need to know for the weekend
- Getaway Guest will park their vehicle near their specific lodging location
- Getaway Guests are free to leave property during their stay but we ask that you park in the same location when you return
- A list of area attractions will be included in your welcome packet
- Do not use vehicles to drive around camp, please walk or bring your bicycle
- As a Getaway Guest, you will be assigned your own hotel room(s), dorm or cottage according to your registration preference. The cottage and hotel rooms all come with bedding and towel sets, but if you are staying in a dorm please bring your own.
- Upon arrival Getaway Guests will receive a welcome packet containing, among other items, a schedule of events and meals. During designated times you will have access to boating equipment on the bay, Arts & Crafts activities, the swimming pool and sports equipment at the pavilion. You will also have the option to sign up for private ropes course time and/or a private boat ride up the Magnolia River.
- ***Activities must be attended by all members of your party. Person(s) under 18 years of age will not participate in activities if unsupervised by an adult.
- Feel free to bring a cooler for additional drinks and snacks. Ice is available at the Dollar General and Shell station on HWY 98 or by asking our kitchen staff at the end of any meal. Coffee, juice, tea, water and lemonade will be available during meals only.
- **Please bring water bottles that can be filled up from our “no-touch” water fountain in Wilson Hall or from the sink in your room.
- Pull ALL linens and towels, leave next to room door
- Leave mattress pads on beds
- Take ALL trash to the dumpster behind Wilson Hall
- Turn off any fans/lights/AC
- Leave room key on desk in room